FALL BREAK 2018 INFORMATION
Last update: 10/11/18  2:00p




THURSDAY UPDATE:
 There have been a few changes in the last couple of days. Here are the updates:

CHS vs. Worth Co. - Friday 11/2: The Worth County football game has been canceled for this week and will be played Friday, November 2nd (still in Adel). Senior Night will be moved to this date as well.

Spirit of the South Marching Competition - Saturday 11/3: Mr. Kimbrough at Tift County High School is considering rescheduling the Spirit of the South to Saturday November 3rd. A decision about whether or not we will be attending on the new date has not been made at this time. We will be checking schedules the first of next week and decide then.

Miss Donna & I sincerely hope that everyone came through the weather safe and sound, you've all been in our prayers over the last couple of days. Enjoy your weekend off, and we'll try to get back to some normalcy next week! Keep rowing the boat.... figuratively AND literally!




TUESDAY UPDATE: There have been several changes since the last update. Most importantly, Mr. Kimbrough at Tift County High School has made the call and canceled the Spirit of the South Competition on Saturday. Because of uncertain conditions and school closings from now through Friday, he has decided that it's best to go ahead and cancel, so therefore there will be no competition for us this Saturday.

Band Practice - Thursday 10/11: Since we have no competition Saturday, we will not have practice at all on Thursday.

CHS vs. Worth Co. - Friday 10/12: If Worth County has school on Friday, the game will be played at 7:30p as scheduled. I will go to CHS from noon-5:30p Friday, and any student who needs to get equipment out of the band room or load equipment on the trailer for the game can do so any time during that period. Students will meet at the stadium at 6p as scheduled.

CHS vs. Worth Co. - Saturday 10/13: If Worth County DOES NOT have school on Friday, the game will be rescheduled for 1p on Saturday. I will go to the band room 8:30a-11a Saturday morning for anyone who needs to get equipment out of the band room or load equipment on the trailer, and students will meet at the stadium at 11:30a.

Again, please take this threat seriously and be prepared!


 


I know that many of you have weather related questions about how Hurricane Michael could affect the upcoming Marching Hornets activities, and I have some answers. As with any weather-related situation, things can change without notice depending on the path/severity, and plans could be forced to change.

Band Practice - Thursday 10/11: We have practice scheduled for Thursday 10/11 from 5p-7p. If the storm follows the current path and time schedule, it is projected to be out of our area by Thursday morning, and for now I am not canceling or rescheduling this practice. Should the situation not permit us to have this practice, there are discussions for alternate plans.

CHS vs. Worth Co. - Friday 10/12: There has been no talk that I know of for canceling or rescheduling the game against Worth County on Friday. The forecast calls for no rain, clear skies, and cooler/milder temperatures. It is Senior Night, so if you have not done so yet, Seniors should click HERE to fill out the Senior Night form (due by Wednesday 10/10) and HERE for a pdf with important information.

Spirit of the South Marching Competition - Saturday 10/13: Again, there are no current plans to cancel the marching competition that we are attending on Saturday. We will meet at 3:30p at the CHS Band Room, leave at 4p, and perform at 6:40p.

I hope that this answers some of your questions, and I will post continuing updates on this page, Remind, Facebook, and Twitter. Please take this upcoming weather seriously and be prepared. Stay safe!